It is hard not to notice the growing trend of healthy and clean eating. Today’s blog will focus on the benefits of eating super-foods. Let’s start by figuring out what exactly is a super-food. A super-food is defined as an unprocessed food that is loaded with essential nutrients that enhance energy, fight disease and improve moods. One of the main reasons super-foods are so popular is because of their purported benefits. I could write a whole book on these benefits, but instead I will share some of the more important ones today.
Benefits of Super-foods
- Easily accessible. You can buy many super-foods at your local grocery store. Some fast food restaurants are even adding super-foods to their menu in an attempt to improve their image and attract a new demographic.
- Lower Cholesterol. Incorporating super-foods into your daily diet has been found to help lower cholesterol.
- Improve Digestive Health. Making super-foods such as green vegetables part of your daily diet will help promote regularity.
- Speed up Metabolism. Eating super-foods will speed up your metabolism and kick-start your body to burn more fat.
- Can lower risk of Cancer. By adding super-foods to your daily diet you may be cutting your risk of cancer in half.
Remember that even though super-foods are healthy, you should not eat and to excess. If you are uncertain about the daily serving needed you can visit: www.MyPyramid.gov. Next week I will talk more about the mystery of clean eating.
Please list your favorite Super-foods below in the comment section.