HPC JOB DESCRIPTION
ASSOCIATION MANAGEMENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE, CORPORATE PURCHASING
Compensation: Salary + plus bonus based on individual and team results
Full-time Position: M-F 8:00AM-4:30PM
Location: Munster, Indiana 46321
HPC offers a B2B solution called Association Management Service (AMS) that helps businesses and healthcare organizations save money on what they’re spending with professional associations. This solution uncovers savings opportunities on annual purchases of professional association memberships, institutional memberships, corporate subscriptions, books, continuing education and conferences.
HPC has an opportunity within our AMS department for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with 3-5 years professional experience in procurement, corporate purchasing, vendor price negotiations, project management, account management and customer service to work in a fast-paced environment. The AMS Representative will be responsible for overseeing HPC’s Associations, Books & Conferences program for assigned accounts which can be a hospital, a large health system or integrated delivery network (IDN) or a corporation.
The AMS Representative is charged with all aspects of implementing, managing and overseeing the continued success of the AMS solution for all assigned accounts, always with a minimum goal of achieving a 20% (or more!) overall reduction in spending in this area of corporate purchasing for all assigned accounts. And your earnings potential in this role is uncapped – the more you and your team save our AMS clients, the more you all earn!
- Work with employees of HPC’s client accounts to uncover duplication of purchases in this category and gain full understanding of their current pricing, benefits and other terms of membership
- Negotiate with association vendors to eliminate duplication of purchases uncovered and to achieve significant cost reduction in what clients are spending with those professional associations
- Manage AMS service implementation with new clients HPC launches our Associations, Books & Conferences Program for, including creation of an implementation plan and timeline and executing that plan on time
- Prepare quarterly reports (Excel/PPT) for assigned AMS client accounts to show results of service to date
- Monitor the annual membership renewals for employees of your assigned AMS client accounts to ensure their memberships are renewed each year on time with little to no change in price year after year
- Review and analyze usage of membership benefits to determine if some memberships should be cancelled/eliminated based on lack of usage
- Attend quarterly meetings via telephonic conference calls or in-person, as needed, with your assigned AMS client accounts to review HPC’s service performance, present our results achieved to date and discuss any outstanding issues that need to be addressed for continued success of the program
- Work daily in Microsoft Excel, on the Internet conducting research, daily in SalesForce documenting your correspondence with employees and vendors of AMS client accounts, and monthly/quarterly in Microsoft Word and Powerpoint creating presentations and reports for your assigned client accounts
- Must possess a high degree of business acumen and professionalism and be able to correspond with people of all types of backgrounds and varying levels of experience and education
- Must be confident, friendly, extremely organized, detail-oriented, results-focused, methodical and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment with precision, a sense of urgency and minimal supervision
- Experience in negotiating with vendors to achieve better pricing and maximize ROI/benefits, required
- Experience managing customer/client relationships and doing administrative support tasks, required
- Ideal candidates will have professional work experience in the following types of past roles: executive assistant for a C-suite executive, corporate supply chain, strategic sourcing, and/or procurement
- Must possess strong decision-making, strategic-thinking, communication and customer service skills and maintain a positive attitude with leads, customers and other team members at all times
- Looking for a candidate who possesses the vision, willingness and personal commitment to do what it takes to get the job done and to achieve savings for our clients, because they really need our help!
- Ability to manage and oversee service for assigned client accounts, including but not limited to:
- conducting daily correspondence and outreach to AMS clients, their staff members and to associations on their behalf;
- negotiating with associations and subscription providers for better pricing and benefits;
- tracking correspondence and savings results for each AMS client through an Excel tracking report;
- providing progress reports to AMS clients on an ongoing basis (typically quarterly) with the ultimate goal of achieving a minimum 20% overall reduction in annual spend for each client
- collaborating with HPC’s Customer Service department when an AMS client is placing a media product orders (purchases of books, magazines and other publications)
- using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Sales Force, and performing considerable research on the Internet
- Experience writing, negotiating and/or reviewing contracts, preferred
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Founded in 1996, HPC is the partner that companies and healthcare organizations turn to for solutions that reduce operational spending and improve corporate efficiency. HPC is a vetted supplier with national Group Purchasing Organizations (GPO’s) – including HealthTrust, Intalere, Vizient (formerly Novation + MedAssets) and Premier – which provide access to trusted vendors like HPC for thousands of hospitals, health systems, IDN’s, clinics, physicians, K-12
schools, universities and corporations across the U.S. HPC is the preferred supplier partner on these contracts for media (books/publications), library services and association management solutions. Clients choose HPC because we offer innovative solutions that save money along with the convenience of a one-stop shop customer experience, allowing clients to centralize the purchasing of many related categories of products and services they need to purchase each year through a single supplier. Our services are:
- Association Management Service (AMS): focuses on spend with professional associations (including conferences) and corporate subscriptions
- Library Management Service (LMS): focuses on purchases of print and digital publications, corporate subscriptions and educational resources
- Media Management Service (MMS): focuses on purchases of all types of publications including books, ebooks, magazines, DVDs and subscriptions that are not already centrally purchased through a library
- Full-Service Publisher: our focus is to the dissemination of content to communities around the world on topics related to medicine, health and well-being, education and inspirational titles.
This job description is a general overview of the position and does not include every task and responsibility that the AMS Representative position may entail. The AMS Representative will be expected to perform other related duties as assigned by a supervisor.
HPC – Hilton Publishing, Inc. (“HPC”) is a certified diverse MBE (Minority-owned Business Enterprise) and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. HPC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. HPC expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or applicant harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of HPC’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated. All employed positions at HPC are at-will employment positions and may be terminated at the discretion of the Company.